Today is my birthday, my 27th year of living. Instead of giving a long speech I thought I’d shared a question that I read on the inter-webs not too long ago that is making rounds in my mind.
“What have you done to get to where you are now?”
Simple question, yet it sunk in like a meteor falling towards the Earth. My answer to this question was a long one, but it can be summed as this: Not as much as I would have liked and not what I had envisioned.
There are people out there with talent, who were born in 3rd base, had an emotionally balanced upbringing, and had help when warranted. I did not, yet I like to believe that I have something that they don’t have.
- The will to succeed
- The will to train hard, sweat tears and blood for what I want.
- The will to see things through to the end
- The will to see to it that I live a fulfilling life
- My promised to myself that I will succeed where others have not
- and finally, my promise to actualize myself into the human being that I am